Membership of the Association for Prescribers (AFP) costs just £30.00 per year.
Your membership will give you access to a network of experienced fellow non-medical prescribers and to the following benefits:
- Exclusive, AFP members-only 50% discount on the subscription to Journal of Prescribing Practice
- Free copies of Independent Nurse Magazine. You will start to receive this automatically when you join the AFP
- Latest News and Information
- Reduced fees to conferences run by the AFP and other organisations (see Diary dates section for conference listings). Discount codes applicable to members only.
- Free advice and support from AFP committee members
- Discounted entry to all Merlin Attractions
- Book offers
- 50% discount on joining fee for Nurse Prescribing students in their first Year of study.
As a member, you will have access to the AFP experts and you will be able to talk to other members and share ideas.
The AFP ensures that members’ views are heard by representing prescribers in all relevant government consultations. Our committee holds regular meetings with official bodies to promote member interests and we are available to give advice to members on all aspects of prescribing and professional matters.
AFP members are entitled to a 50% discount on an annual subscription to the Journal of Prescribing Practice which is the leading journal for Non-Medical Prescribers with prescribing rights, designed to help them maintain theoretical knowledge and practical competence in this complex area. Each monthly issue contains high quality clinical, professional and educational articles on all aspects of prescribing practice, with regular sections on pharmacology, better practice, legal and ethical issues, CPD modules and an in-depth focus on a drug or drug class.
AFP members also receive discounted rates off books and the Independent Nurse magazine free of charge. This fortnightly title includes news, clinical and professional sections as well as jobs.
The AFP holds conferences and meetings throughout the year on clinical and professional matters. All AFP members are entitled to significant discounts at these events and are provided with priority booking.